Thursday, May 14, 2009

HEY SCUMBAG!


I took these pictures on the leisurely 15 mile morning commute from our quaint suburban neighborhood to the inner city of Flint, to drop off my eighth grader at his school (St. John Vianney). As I negotiated the pot holes at a decent clip, my head on a swivel checking for any suspicious or sudden movements from the street walkers, pimps, and gang bangers, I noticed this sign. "SCUMBAG! SLOW DOWN". I looked down at my speedometer and realized with horror that I was driving 32 MPH!

I thought to myself, "Scumbag, what are you doing? Listen up Scumbag, in your haste to selfishly get to your destination without injury, you have completely ignored the traffic laws! What are you trying to do, lower the property values Scumbag!?



So with a small wave and a nod toward the home with the white picket fence with the blooming Rhododendron flower bed, I slowed down to 25 MPH, smiled and yelled out of my windown, "NO PROBLEM SCUMBAG!", content that civil communication still thrives in the town of my birth.

4 comments:

Linda said...

Scumbag, huh?

The Pajama Underground said...

Judging by the civil tone, I'm guessing this is the home of an Obama supporter.

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chuck said...

Looks like the Flint I remember.