Sunday, August 17, 2008

Obamabortionist

From Hot Air, "There are a lot of things above Obama’s “pay grade”"

"Let's deal with abortion... 40 million abortions. At what point does a baby get human rights in your view?" [video]
The Obama: Well, I think that whether you are looking at it from a theological perspective or a scientific perspective, answering that question with specificity, you know, is above my pay grade.

But let me just speak more generally about the issue of abortion because this is something obviously the country wrestles with. One thing that I’m absolutely convinced of is there is a moral and ethical content to this issue. So I think that anybody who tries to deny the moral difficulties and gravity of the abortion issue I think is not paying attention. So that would be point number one.

But point number two, I am pro-choice. I believe in Roe v. Wade and come to that conclusion not because I’m pro abortion, but because ultimately I don’t think women make these decisions casually. They wrestle with these things in profound ways, in consultation with their pastors or spouses or their doctors and their family members.
And so for me, the goal right now should be — and this is where I think we can find common ground and by the way I have now inserted this into the democrat party platform is how do we reduce the number of abortions because the fact is that although we’ve had a president who is opposed to abortions over the last eight years, abortions have not gone down.
So Obama basically states that he doesn't know the answer - admits that there are "moral difficulties" (presumably with the stack of 40+ million dead baby carcasses), but ultimately he errs on the side of a woman's right to convenience.

But mister "common ground" thinks that we all can come together and agree that we should "reduce the number of abortions". Well why the hell should we! Based on your logic, you seem to be saying that we should increase a woman's inconvenience.

Wrong again Obama. We CANNOT agree that we should limit the number of abortions performed. At least I can't. It's simple, really. It's an all or nothing deal. There is no acceptable limit to the height of the stack of dead babies piled at the unholy altar of Roe v Wade. Would Obama have negotiated an acceptable number of Jews that Hitler was allowed to gas?

That's why we are watching you very closely McCain. If you take the base for granted by selecting a "pro kill" running mate, your presidential ambitions will be sucked down the drain like so much unwanted "tissue mass".

No comments:

Post a Comment