Saturday, August 29, 2009

SNEAK PEAK at Obama's "heartfelt" Kennedy eulogy

The Ted Kennedy Funeral & Government Controlled Health Care Variety Show will dominate television coverage today, so I should make good progress reading my latest novel after mowing my grassy knoll. I certainly am now a believer in the 'Kennedy Curse', having witnessed first hand it claiming the life Of this 77-year-old tumor-riddled binge-drinking senator.

SNEAK PEAK at Obama's "heartfelt" eulogy speech later today:
(joined already in progress)
OBAMA: My sympathy goes out to Vicki Kennedy for her loss. As you know, Vicki married Ted in July of 1992, and they just celebrated their 17th anniversary last month. Ted had a great sense of humor and always liked a good Chappaquiddick joke, so in that spirit, I thought I would take this occasion to tell a little anecdote myself. I hope you find some comfort in this Vicki.

A couple decided to go to Florida and stay at the same hotel where they spent their honeymoon 17 years earlier. Because of hectic schedules, it was difficult to coordinate their travel plans. So, the husband left Minnesota and flew to Florida on Saturday, with his wife flying down the following day.

The husband checked into the hotel. There was a computer in his room, so he decided to send an email to his wife. However, he accidentally left out one letter in her email address, and without realizing his error, sent the email.

Meanwhile, somewhere in Martha’s Vineyard, a widow had just returned home from her husband's funeral. The widow decided to check her email expecting messages from relatives and friends. After reading the first message, she screamed and fainted. The computer screen read:

To: My loving wife Vicki

Subject: I've arrived

I know you're surprised to hear from me. They have computers here now and you are allowed to send emails to your loved ones. I've just arrived and have been checked in. I see that everything has been prepared for your arrival tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing you then. Hope your journey is as uneventful as mine was.

P.S. sure is freaking hot down here!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Love the pin.

    We shouldn't be surprised to see libs giving glowing eulogies, but Kennedy was a vile man. I just don't see how they can ignore or excuse his checkered past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pin is super!
    That bit about the special cigars and how Kennedy kept pushing them toward a senator he was negotiating with and then pulling them back when he didn't like the way things were going struck me as a perfect story for Obama to have featured in the eulogy: Just like the way he's paying back all the special interests in the stim. package..."I'll give you THIS, if you give ME THAT"..grrr

    my WORD VERIFICATION is weenny..that about says it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the pin dude!...but could we expect from Hussein and his cronies anyhoo?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The despicable slob did enjoy Chappaquiddick jokes... he named one of his dogs, Splash. Too bad it wan't him on the receiving end. Just think of the damage the world would've been spared.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Splash? Really? I hadn't heard that before. Not surprising though, as I was never interested in the SOB in life.

    ReplyDelete