The following was meant for my golf league site, but I thought I would re-post here just to see if this thing was still on. It's been a while. I like to think of that period of Chattering Teeth as "before AI". Life was 'more simpleriest'. That's why the wife and I watch re-runs of Happy Days.
Oh boy. Even the Fonz has jumped the mechanical shark and is on the AI wagon. So here goes (with a few modifications)...
Back in 1988 when my golf league started, I was sure that we would have flying golf carts by now. Oh sure, we have since reached "the singularity" with Artificial Intelligence, but instead of self-tying sneakers and flying cars, we have AI created memes of Enes Kanter stealing Natasha Cloud's wig.
Still worse, large data centers being built to address AI's insatiable need for power uses significant amounts of water for cooling (think of the beverage consumption of the average hacker on my golf league on a 90+ degree evening).
BUT HERE'S THE GOOD NEWS! We have AI to generate golf-themed Haikus featuring The Snappers! No need for creative thinking! If we are going to dry up, we might as will go down with ignorant grins. So I entered the necessary prompts, and this was the instantaneous result...
Here are custom 5-7-5 golf haikus for each pair on your list:
1. Snapper & Tony T
Snapper hooks it left, (5)
Tony T is in the weeds, (7)
Both need better luck. (5)
2. Timmy K & Hollywood
Timmy K chunks shot, (5)
Hollywood just poses nice, (7)
Vanish in the pond. (5)
3. Wolf & Jason
Wolf mutters a curse, (5)
Jason muffs a easy chip, (7)
Pack knee deep in mud. (5)
4. C Money & Cam
C Money is broke, (5)
Which club will Cam snap in half? (7)
Deep into fescue.(5)
5. Shang & Ogy
Shang shanks it way wide, (5)
Ogy throws his heavy wedge, (7)
Total golf despair. (5)
6. Blade & Ed
Blade slices his putt, (5)
Ed is stuck inside the sand, (7)
Scores are way too high. (5)
7. Mike T & Rick North
Mike T slices right, (5)
Rick North heads south in the pond, (7)
Goodbye Titleist. (5)
8. Furey & Romo
Furey whiffs the ball, (5)
Romo hurls his putter far, (7)
Time to hit the bar. (5)
I'm not sure why AI insisted on counting the syllables at the end of each line (precious ounces of water lost), but we can rest assured that AI has a good grasp on us and this technology is finally being used for the greater good.
Anyhoo, I thought it was funny. And THAT has always been my motivating factor. See ya when I see ya!



No comments:
Post a Comment