Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Move along. Nothing to see here.

Dear Blog,
I've tried to stay quiet on the whole Iranian revolution thingy because I didn't want to give the Ayatollah the impression that this blog was meddling. But I have to give kudos to Major Garrett for asking Obama, "what took you so long" in becoming apalled and outraged at the Iranian crackdown on the protestors. That'll teach Barry to call on A Fox News guy. The only thing that Garrett could have done to better endear himself to me would have been to reach over and put Helen Thomas into a headlock. Oh well, no hot dogs for Major Garrett at Obama and Akmadeenadude's Fourth of July weenie roast.

Panic Room Update
I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I had converted my bathroom linen closet into a panic room, and that I had made room by moving my towels to the freezer side of my 'fridge. Well, after suffering a small microwave fire while attempting to unthaw the shower towel, I have moved the panic room to my walk-n kitchen pantry. I don't know why I didn't think of it before. I just leave a flashlight in there for my nightly panic attacks so I can find the Cap'n Crunch at 3AM.

Solitude in the pantry (and my toolbox) also gives me time to tinker. I'm making good progress on the reprogramming of my court-ordered electronic tether. Hey, if I have to wear this ankle bracelet, the least it can do is alert me when I try to move outside a 15 mile distance from the nearest pizza establishment. It's not that I eat pizza at every meal, but there is a certain comfort knowing that I'm always close enough that I could.

Odds and ends
I read where a Georgia man won a big lottery prize twice in the same week. I wonder if he'll use the money to buy a bigger house.

Seriously though, where's Mark Sanford?

I also read this headline the other day:
Shot dog bites gunman

I'm sorry, but where is the news in that? Now if "dog shoots man", that's another thing all together.

1 comment:

  1. I was a fan of Mark Sanford's.. i am SO TICKED OFF. It takes TWO to tango..especially in Argentina.

    I hope you find the Cap'n Crunch...!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete