Saturday, September 19, 2009

Yo-ho-ho! It Be Talk Like a Pirate Day

Avast matees, as yee might imagine from the picture taken betwixt 17 er 18 yearrrs ago, International Talk Like A Pirate Day always be a pretty larrrrge deal around DaBlade's house, even beforrre the scalawags Ol' Chumbucket and Cap'n Slappy declarrred it a holiday in 1995.

Me first mate apearrrs to rrrather be in Davy Jones' Lockerrr than talkin' like a pirate with his fatherrr, but the day has grown on him like barnacles on the hull of me grand ship. Heee beee no landlubber.

If I know me son, there be a few "Damn ye, yellow-bellied sapsuckers" bein' thrown 'round the Keenan dorm room today. "Aye, dat be me boy!"

Go Irrrrrish!

5 comments:

  1. Arrggggg....ahoy, ye maties! I be wishin ye a gr-r-r-eat day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd never HEARD of this pirate day thing until I started blogging! Last year was the first for me.
    Better never than late :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank yee Linda lass! And yee... oops, that was yesterday.. I can quit that now. Oh, and Z, actually a Halloween picture from years past. Gotcha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there a swim like a "fish" day ?? That was a better picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Arrgh, I totally missed it this year. Now I'll have to walk the plank.

    ReplyDelete