Sunday, March 15, 2015

Island Pursuit, Part II

It was November 5th, 2008, the day after the 2008 U.S. Presidential election (not coincidentally) when I wrote Island Pursuit I, and this, in part:
WTF! I just found out that the globe has ALREADY been circumnavigated! WHY DIDN'T SOMEBODY TELL ME THIS BEFORE NOW? Check it out on Google map if you don't believe me. Apparently, every land mass has been accounted for... I have this shiny new boat, but no place to row to. Even this frozen wasteland I found on the map called "Canada" is already populated, at least according to wiki. I guess I have to give up the dream of finding a tiny uninhabited island, complete with sandy beaches, gentle tropic breezes, palm trees, coconuts, a bamboo hut, and a volleyball to keep me company. *sigh*


BUT NOW I LEARN THAT MY DREAM LIVES!!!

Tonga officials announced last week that a new island half a mile wide and just under a mile long and 820 feet high was formed off its coast by underwater volcanism.

VOLCANISM? I suppose the fact that Spock died in late February, and now this new island forms is just a coincidence? That wouldn't be logical, my dear fellow Star Wars Trackers.

First Photographs Emerge of New Pacific Island off Tonga


I did have a dream last night.

***Cue wavy lines for Chattering Teeth Blog Dream sequence***

I dream I'm on Chattering Teeth Island, toes in the sand and sipping on some homemade fermented mixture made from blended Sea anemones. There are small crabs side-winding along the water line, seemingly in rhythm to the strums on my bamboo ukulele. The Island folk are dressed in grass skirting and strategically placed coconuts. Except for me. I am wearing Lederhosen. Did I mention that I'm mayor of Chattering Teeth Island?

Scientists say the island will likely disappear  in a few months, sinking back to the depths from whence it came (I added the "whence" part), so some may think me foolish in relocating there. But really, you have to ask yourselves how much longer you really think you have with obama.

Don't worry, I'll leave the hut candle light on for ya!


2 comments:

  1. the stepdaughter's sailing around New Zealand; I'll have her check for you:-)
    She'd barely pulled into Wellington Harbor when the cyclone hit not too far away!

    by the way..you're NUTS ...
    I like that. !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! I never want to experience a cyclone. My island doesn't even have a tree on it yet :)

    ReplyDelete