Tuesday, September 27, 2016

"Hillarity and Hijinks" from Last Night's Debate

So I watched the debate on TV last night between that portly and bombastic man and that woman whom I shall not name who shared the stage with him. It was obvious to me from the spirited back-and-forth that she was lost in this great man's shadow, having much less experience in entertainment TV.

I know that some folks watching this debate sided with the man while some sided with the woman simply because they shared their genitalia type. I took no sides, and instead contented myself with belly laughs and snorts after every outlandish utterance of fake dialog. No laugh track necessary!

From what I could gather, the man's main beef was that he had spent the last 30-some years actually working and earning an honest living, while she spent all that time selfishly thinking about herself and setting up everything in her sphere of influence just to benefit herself.

From her perspective, she didn't deny his charges, but tried to make the case that she was much better at making the important decisions than he was.

While the debate was contentious at times, it was obvious these two really loved each other and actually wanted exactly the same things.

So that is my recap of "Sleep Disorder", the title of the second episode of the new comedy TV series, Kevin Can Wait, starring Kevin James and Erinn Hayes as his TV wife.

I'm quite sure there will be more hillarity and hijinks next week.
As for the 9PM hour immediately following, I thought I was watching a repeat - but instead was the presidential debate between the protectionist populist progressive Trump and Hilery (sic).

While the debate was contentious at times, it was obvious these two really loved each other and actually wanted exactly the same things.

The joke is on us in that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment