Sunday, April 26, 2009

Fad Farts Them Two (and other Matthew Stafford anagrams)

PICURED: Quaterback Matthew Stafford, the Detroit Lions Portugese Water Dogs No. 1 overall pick.

I know I'm old enough to know better and shouldn't care, having been burned as a Detroit Lions fan many times over, but why would an 0-16 team with the worst defense in the history of the league spend it's first two 1st round picks for a quarterback and a tight end? Nothing against Matthew "Georgia Peach" Stafford, I'm sure he is a fine young jazz pianist man who will make us all forget about Joey "Blue Skies" Harrington.

To his credit, Stafford is saying all the right things. Of course, for a guaranteed $41.7 million, I could be convinced to say the right things too. Heck, for that kind of money, gimmee a Tiny Tim wig and a ukulele and I'd stand on the street corner and give my best rendition of "Tiptoe Through The Tulips". Poor stafford is too young and separated from this fiasco of a franchise to even know what he's in for. He may have had a future with a different franchise.

As promised, other Matthew Stafford anagrams:
(These are still being analyed using my famous fortune telling skillz, but the early forecast doesn't look good)
A Draft Weft Moths
Moth Farted Wafts
Fart Wafts Method
Fad Fart Wet Moths
Staff That Wormed
Shaft Watt Deform
Team Thwarts Doff
Fad Shaft Term Two

2 comments:

  1. Holy crap. You guys may be in deeper $hit than my Bucs. Is that even possible? Time will tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My condolences go out to the entire Stafford family. The pain will end someday. There is no need for figure pointing or playing the "blame game". These things happen in life and no one knows why.Young Mattie( I assume this will become his new "lion nickname") has been chosen, in the prime of his life, no less, to suffer this merciless fate. I remember writing this very message to other first round quarterback families selected by the lions..The Wares, Longs, Harringtons etc.. I also told the Harringtons "Joey" is not a football name change it to "Joe" or he will become a laughing stock but they wouldn't listen.

    ReplyDelete