Saturday, October 11, 2008

Gump quotes are "sugar" to take with your medicine (news)

I recently received this email from Cartman titled "Lieutenant Dan !!!!!" in the subject.

A 66-foot shrimp trawler on autopilot crashed into a North Carolina pier while its driver was taking a sip of soda, causing thousands of dollars in damages. The accident left five wrecked boats, boat lifts and the floating dock in its wake, according to North Carolina’s Star News Online.

Click here to read the story at StarNewsOnline.com.
"Lieutenant Dan! Ice cream!" According to a Petty Officer for The Coast Guard, he is "not yet authorized to release the driver's name."

Could it be...?
GUMP: No, we are not relations, sir.

It's impossible to read that story and not picture Tom Hanks in character as Forrest Gump mouthing the dialog of the shrimp boat captain, "I couldn't find nowhere to tie up the boat!" It's also equally impossible for me NOT to smile when I think of that movie. It's one of my all-time favorites.

After checking the email, I jumped on the information highway. Let's check Drudge. Hmmmm.... The stock market continues to crash (I’ve lost half my net worth and I still have a wife. - via "Hot Air") and every poll continues to inexplicably favor Obama. There are plenty of reasons to become depressed. I just don't want to today. Hopefully, there is plenty of time to become depressed later. Today, it's going to be "don't worry 'bout a 't'ing, every little t'ing gonna be alright".

I read the Drudge headlines and decided to think of an appropriate movie quote from Forrest Gump. You know, sort of like a spoon full of sugar to help the medicine go down.

DRUDGE: DOW LOSES 18%... Crisis becomes global crash...
GUMP: Lieutenant Dan got me invested in some kind of fruit company. So then I got a call from him, saying we don't have to worry about money no more. And I said, that's good! One less thing.

DRUDGE: BERLUSCONI: LEADERS MAY CLOSE WORLD'S MARKETS...
GUMP: I gotta pee.

DRUDGE: Obama fundraiser, convicted of fraud, spills beans...
GUMP: "Life was like a box of chocolates..."

DRUDGE: UPDATE: McCain questions Obama's link to radical Ayers ...
GUMP: My Mama always said you've got to put the past behind you before you can move on.

DRUDGE: VIDEO: Farrakhan on Obama: 'The Messiah is absolutely speaking'...
RECRUIT OFFICER: Nobody gives a hunky shit who you are, pus ball. You're not even a low-life, scum-sucking maggot. Get your ass on the bus...
GUMP: I'm sorry I had to fight in the middle of your Black Panther party.

DRUDGE: Carter slams Bush on market crisis...
GUMP: Stupid is as stupid does.

DRUDGE: WASH POST: The End Of American Capitalism?
GUMP: I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floatin' around accidental-like on a breeze. But I, I think maybe it's both.

That's all I have to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment