Thursday, October 2, 2008

Outtakes from tonight's VP debate

Joe Biden is legendary for his
fits of brain flatulence and has been called
a human verbal wrecking crew.

Sarah Palin has been roundly and routinely criticized for her "performance" during the Gibson and Couric interviews.

The media ignores and covers up Biden's gaffes (Hey, it's not like he can't spell POTATO) because they are in the tank for "Obama America" and "the Biden administration" (Joe's words, not mine). Palin, on the other hand, is under the mainstream microscope for her "inexperience". Where are the SNL skits lampooning Biden?

So bring on the debates! We are all about style over substance, so their individual beliefs matter naught! It's about hair plugs and lipstick.

Outtakes from tonight's debate (secured by my time machine software):

BIDEN: "When the stock market crashed, Franklin D. Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the, you know, the princes of greed. He said, 'Look, here's what happened.'" (Pssst! Hey Joe. FDR wasn't president yet and television wasn't invented for another decade or so).

BIDEN: "stand up FDR, let 'em see ya." (Pssst. FDR died in 1945). "God love ya, what am I talking about... You can tell I'm new..." "Well, if he were here, I'd tell him to stand up!." (Uhhhh... nevermind)

BIDEN: "When the British attacked Pearl Harbor, Paul Revere didn't just sit there on his horse and complain. No! He got on the radio and warned the colonists!"

Ifill: "I thought it was the Germans?"

BIDEN: "God love ya, what am I talking about?

BIDEN: “I've said it before and I'll say it again. Hillary Clinton is more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America.. Quite frankly, she would have been a better pick than me. In fact, FDR's corpse would be a better pick than me. God love ya, what am I talking about?”

PALIN: "I need more than 10 seconds to respond."

Ifill: "Well, that's all you've got!"

BIDEN: “Might I just say Gwen (moderator Gwen Ifill), that you are looking especially articulate and bright and clean. God love ya, what am I talking about?”

1 comment:

  1. I'm STILL ticked off about the Dan Quayle potato thing. It was a PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHER that misspelled potato on the flash card. I'm sure that I, and 99% of the population, would have done the same thing, I would think geez I thought there was no e on the end of potato but the TEACHER must be right.

    ReplyDelete