Sunday, February 26, 2017

Correspondents' Dinner Gourmet Fake Food Bucket

Trump Will Not Attend the Correspondents' Dinner (or WILL he?)

"I will not be attending the White House Correspondents' Association Dinner this year. Please wish everyone well and have a great evening!" Trump tweeted.

WHCA: "The White House Correspondents' Association looks forward to having its annual dinner on April 29. The WHCA takes note of President Donald Trump's announcement on Twitter that he does not plan to attend the dinner, which has been and will continue to be a celebration of the First Amendment and the important role played by an independent news media in a healthy republic...

TRUMP: Who said I'm not going? I'm not going to tell you anything... I don't say I'm going into Mosul in four months. "We are going to attack Mosul in four months." Then three months later, "We are going to attack Mosul in one month." "Next week, we are going to attack Mosul."

WHCA: What? So now you plan on coming?

TRUMP: I don't talk about certain other things, you're going to be surprised to hear that. I don't want to be one of these guys that say, "Yes, here's what we're going to do." I don't have to do that. I don't have to tell you what I'm going to do in North Korea.

WHCA: I'm not asking about whether you plan on attacking North Korea. I only need to know if you are coming to the dinner so we can plan accordingly.

TRUMP: Wait a minute. I don't have to tell you. You know why? Because THEY shouldn't know.

WHCA: "They," meaning the journalists shouldn't know whether or not you are attending?

TRUMP: Correct. So when you ask me if I plan on attending your fake dinner with a bunch of fake news readers with their fake boobs and coiffed doos... but enough about Jake Tapper and Jim Acosta.

It’s fake, phony, fake. The fake news is the enemy of the people. But am I going to the fake dinner? eventually, you guys are going to get tired of asking that question. I'm not going to tell you.

2 comments:

  1. President Trump should send a fake President Trump.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! Maybe send Barron. Still not a fair intellectual fight, as I imagine Barron's standup routine would absolutely kill.

    ReplyDelete