Sunday, November 6, 2011

Pulp fiction

Did you know that newspapers were made from recycled pulp fiber?

By the way, clicking the above hyper-link of "recycled pulp fiber" will lead you to the new MLive Media Group team. I hyper-linked "recycled pulp fiber" instead of creating a separate link from the words "Here, take a look at the new MLive Media Group team and worship at their altar of greatness" for expedience sake, and not to make some kind of back-handed insult to this very white collection of media pioneers. Really! That would be a petty cheapshot. As regular readers of this blog knows full well, I am all about being concise and to the point, without throwing around a lot of unnecessary vebosity and rhetorical flourish to make a point. I am not here to waste your time or mine so just stop with the unsubstantiated innuendo and cheap personal attacks!

BTW, I personally have never been in favor of racial quotas and have been a firm believer in the spirit of Dr. King's dream that folks will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. That said, I find it peculiar that there is not one African-American of the 18 team members in MLive's gallery.

On a different and unrelated subject, according to wiki:

Bleaching of wood pulp is the chemical processing carried out on various types of wood pulp to decrease the color of the pulp, so that it becomes whiter. The main use of wood pulp is to make paper where whiteness (...not exactly the same as "brightness") is an important characteristic.


Stay thirsty my friends.

2 comments:

  1. I have always appreciated how well you get straight to the point. I cannot stand when someone goes on and on and on and doesn't really say anything.

    I was just saying to my wife the other day that I can't stand when people go on and on and on and don't really seem to have anything to say. It gets annoying.

    Anyways, I have always respected that trait in you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha! That, sir, is why you are at the front of my blog flair line. If I win the PCH sweepstakes (which, by the volume of email from them makes me the odds on favorite) this could turn into a windfall of cash for you.

    ReplyDelete