Monday, September 28, 2020

Debate snippet

 WALLACE: Mr. president, why did you select Amy Coney Barrett?

TRUMP: I wanted to choose a textualist for the Supreme Court. That's a very important word... textualist.

SLEEPY JOE: Excuse me, Chuck...

WALLACE: It's Chris, but anyway.

SLEEPY JOE: What am I saying, Chuck? Stand up, Chuck, let'em see ya! I was just going to say that the senate should wait until after the election when I will get to pick a replacement for Ruth Bader Ginsberg.

WALLACE: Since you bring up the subject, where is your list of potential court nominees? Are you afraid they are too radical to announce in advance?

SLEEPY JOE: No, no Chuck. I would also pick a textilist.

TRUMP: A textilist? did you mean a textualist? I knew he should have been made to take a drug test.

WALLACE: Mr. Biden, the president is correct. You said "textilist", which would indicate you wanted a worker in the textile industry for the court. A person who designs, produces and distributes cloth, yarn and clothing as your Justice. 

TRUMP: I think he meant to say that he's a "testicaless".

WALLACE: Mr. Biden, a textualist is someone who adheres strictly to a text. In this case, the constitution. Something democrats abhor.
 
TRUMP: My textualist uses the best words. This I will tell you.

SLEEPY JOE: Text and words? Why didn't you say so to begin with? It's my lunch time! Clap for that you stupid bastards!

6 comments:

  1. Great fun, Jerry ... LOL. I can hear Trump saying things like that, too. Well done, sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. We shall see tonight just how prophetic my tea leaves were in the bottom of my bourbon glass... wait, those aren't tea leaves!

      Delete
  2. Ha HA !

    Btw - Biden's top 3 picks for the SC are b. obama, m. obama, and eric holder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they ever get back the Senate, they will destroy centuries of precedent and these will be the 21st thru 23rd Justices.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Leave it to you to get right to the heart of the inspiration behind the whole post.

      Delete