Monday, June 2, 2008

Let's go RED WINGS!

Later today...


Unless you have been driving a truck and listening to Celine Dion's greatest hits on the CD player, than you have seen this video of Father Michael Pfleger "preaching the word" at the pulpit of the Trinity United Church of Christ. Showcasing the lack of spine that he would exhibit as president, Obama quits the church he had been a member of for 20 years. But that's for another time.

This is about the Rev. Pfleger, and you thought he was controversial before? Well the Rev. Pfleger has REALLY done it now. Jumping in front of a camera shortly after the Detroit Red Wings defeated the Pittsburgh Penguins to hoist another Stanley Cup, Pfleger had this to say:

Father Michael Pfleger on Pittsburgh Penguins captain, Sidney Crosby:
When Crosby was crying, and people said that was put on, I really don't believe it was put on. I really believe that he just always thought, 'the Stanley Cup is mine. I'm the NHL poster child. I'm Canadian, and this is mine. I just gotta get up and step onto the ice.'

Then out of nowhere, 'I'm Niklas Lidstrom!'

Ah, damn! Where did you come from? I'm Canadian! I'm entitled! There's a Swedish Captain stealing my show!'

(mocks crying)

He wasn't the only one crying, there was a whole lot of Penguin fans crying!

No comments:

Post a Comment