Friday, April 18, 2008

Lunatic Left

Superdelegates were so blown away by the Democrat debate on ABC Wednesday night, that they have bypassed Hillary and Obama and nominated George Stephanopoulos to top their ticket, with Charlie Gibson as his VP candidate. Not really. But admit it. They would be a more electable team than the current Democrat tandem of damaged goods. Dumping "Hil" and "Barry" is sage advice given by the Commander of Operation Chaos, Rush Limbaugh.

Barack Obama's disturbing quotes from the debate:
"C'mon Charlie! I go to a church with a racist, America-hating reverend for a mere 20 years, and somehow I'm labeled? C'mon now."

"I have a neighbor and friend whom I served on a board with who did some despicable things 40 years ago when I was eight, and somehow that reflects on me? Doesn't everyone have a bomb-throwing terrorist friend or two? C'mon now."

"C'mon Charlie! So I let slip my true feelings of contempt for middle America with my smug comment about these bitter honkeys "clinging to guns and religion" thing. Everyone in my circle holds those folks in contempt."

"C,mon now. Just because I don't wear a flag lapel pin or join in the National Anthem doesn't mean I don't love my country. The rest of the crap I do and say should prove my hatred on it's own merits. It's those bitter, red state, small town folks who somehow equate the American flag as some sort of patriotic symbol. C'mon now."


(Why the "C'mons"?)

OK, just having a little fun there. Obama's actual responses in the debate were even more chilling. Like this one:
"... just because you have an individual right does not mean that the state or local government can't constrain the exercise of that right," he said.

And this, after seemingly acknowledging that revenues go up when the capital gains rate is cut- "Well, Charlie, what I've said is that I would look at raising the capital gains tax for purposes of fairness."

Monkeydarts nails it yet again:
Either way, the D's ignore the facts, rely on static scoring, and say, "Raise taxes and you get more revenue, lower taxes and you get less." It's so very wrong, but it fits their demagoguery so they stick to it. But wait, Obama didn't actually leave the reservation and come over to the supply-side. Instead he said it didn't matter-- the cap gains tax needs to be doubled because it's FAIR. Fair? He advocates raising taxes on the millions of Americans who own stock, even though it decreases government revenue, because it's fair? Sheer lunacy.
Lunacy. The best one word description that is the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment