Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Newly appointed U.S. ambassadors invoke "the Fifth" in Senate confirmation hearings when asked if they can find their host country on a map

"I refuse to answer that question under the grounds it may incriminate me."

If the primary qualification to be an ambassador is that they "possess the attributes, experience and skills...  to represent the president", then I guess we have a BINGO. Being as smart as Obama doesn't exactly set the bar very high. No wonder they're always doing the Limbo with our foreign policy.

No offense, but when I listen to Colleen Bell's answer, she sounds a little like that infamous Miss Teen USA 2007 contestant from South Carolina.



JOHN MCCAIN: Miss Bell, as the producer of the soap opera "The Bold and The Beautiful," critics complain that the only reason Obama tapped you as ambassador to Hungary is because you helped raise more than $4.2m for Obama’s re-election campaign, and that you and all the other selections couldn't even find their host country on a map. Why is that?

COLLEEN BELL: "I personally believe that, U.S. American diplomats are unable to do so, because some... diplomats out there in our united nation that don’t have maps, and I believe that our education, like such as in a country that is actually named the HUNGARY, where the children must be absolutely starving... and the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and I believe that they should... our education over here in the U.S., should help the U.S., er, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries like the Benghazi so we will be able to stop disgusting videos that insult the prophet.., for our children... "

JOHN MCCAIN: Great answer. Praise God. I have no more questions for this incredibly highly qualified group of nominees.


George Tsunis, another big Obama contributor, displayed "George Clooney" type intelligence in his answer, when he called one of the political parties in the ruling coalition a “fringe element” and described the country as having a president (it’s a constitutional monarchy).

Obama insists he appointed George Tsunis, hotel executive, to be the new U.S. ambassador to Norway because, "the man knows how to fold a towel into the shape of a swan. Do you think John Bolton could do that? And he tells me he has volumes of knowledge about Norway from the Netflix series Lillyhammer."

1 comment:

  1. "I refuse to answer that question under the grounds it may incriminate me."

    I simply asked if you've ever been to Hungary since you are now the ambassador.

    "I refuse to answer that question under the grounds that now I am Hungary. Who got Belgium? I could use a waffle."

    -obama's ambassadors

    ReplyDelete