Flashback to Obama's commencement address at Notre Dame on May 17th. Obama told the story of receiving a letter from a Christian doctor (Not to be redundantly repetitive here, but Christian = pro-life. Sad that this caveat is needed) concerned with the rhetoric from his campaign staff. He quoted this doctor as stating, "I do not ask at this point that you oppose abortion, only that you speak about this issue in fair-minded words."
Obama then goes on to say he wrote the doctor back and promised to "extend the same presumption of good faith... to those who may not think precisely like we do... that's when we discover at least the possibility of common ground."
His plea for "common ground" on abortion was ridiculous then, and it is ridiculous now. Let me demonstrate by taking a few more excerpts from this lame @$$ speech and swap out a few words and replace them with references to the murder of Doctor
"...That's when we begin to say, maybe we won't agree on
So let us work together to reduce the number of
Did that make you cringe? It was no more outrageous than his un"doctored" remarks.
Of course, HuffingGluePost readers wouldn't sink to caricature by impugning all pro-lifers for this lone gunman's actions, would they?
Leftwing whacko Comments:
* Let's compromise: Let's ban late term abortions and Republicans.
* We need to rally around this, leverage it to finally rid ourselves of the right wing.
* Do Republicans still think it's a good idea to have these whackos in the GOP?
* Note to self: Do not try to engage in intelligent dialog with the christian right.
* This is blatant act of domestic terrorism by the Christian Taliban.
* It is time to end the Religious Right and conservatives in general. They are hate-breeders one and all. When will we wake up to the dangers of allowing the Republican party to continue its existence?
Where do I stand? Right along side Randall Terry on this one:
Randall Terry, founder of Operation Rescue states, "George Tiller was a mass-murderer. We grieve for him that he did not have time to properly prepare his soul to face God. I am more concerned that the Obama Administration will use Tiller's killing to intimidate pro-lifers into surrendering our most effective rhetoric and actions. Abortion is still murder. And we still must call abortion by its proper name; murder.OBAMA: "...However profound our differences as Americans over difficult issues such as abortion, they cannot be resolved by heinous acts of violence."
"Those men and women who slaughter the unborn are murderers according to the Law of God. We must continue to expose them in our communities and peacefully protest them at their offices and homes, and yes, even their churches."
What is ABORTION, mister president, if not heinous acts of violence?