Monday, November 30, 2009
Random Golf Thoughts
* Golfers who claim they don't cheat, also lie.
* Counting on your opponent to inform you when he breaks a rule is like expecting him to make fun of his own haircut.
* Still within the "14-club limit".
* If it ain't broke, try changing your grip.
* No matter how bad you are playing, it is always possible to play worse.
* You can hit a 2-acre fairway 10% of the time, and a 2-inch branch 90% of the time.
* The trouble with golf is that you are only as good as your last putt.
* Tree. A good drive spoiled.
* A ball you can see in the rough from 50 yards away is not yours.
* Hazards attract. Fairways repel.
* It's a simple matter to keep your ball in the fairway if you're not choosy about which fairway.
* All the executives from my company play this course.
* The golf course is the only place I can take my wife where she can't talk constantly.
* TIGER: "Everyone replaces his divot after a perfect approach shot."
* COP: "How many times did you hit him with the 9-iron?"
ELIN: "I don't know. Five, six, seven... Put me down for a five."